:: P R O D U C T I O N ::
cocccon crafts & loom will be pleased to assist you to realize your dream of making a sustainable fashion collection without losing glamour of mainstream high fashion.
We provide a wide variety of luxury non-violent organic silk fabrics. Handloom organic silks are… Eri, Tussar, Eri+ Tussar, Matka, Matka Noil, Tussar Noil, Gheecha, Mullberry, Mullberry+ Eri, Katia and with selected blends of organic cotton, organic wool etc.
In power loom silk collection, we have nonviolent silk satin, crepe, georgette, dupain, chiffon, twill, organza etc. We have a new collection of nonviolent organic silk jersey and interlock as well.
With the motto of creativity can care we provide following services…
We create weaves as per the specifications and requirements of our valued clients and as per the demands of the market. We supply most trendy and latest silk textile with a perfect coalition of color, pattern and trend.
We produce bespoke fabric material for a range of well-known brands that are equally impressed by our ethically-made textile and our attention to detail within our bespoke, Design-It-Yourself range. The bespoke service comes with a minimum order quantity depending on what custom finishes or service you are looking for.
Working with overseas market, we have made ourselves flexible enough to produce small quantity orders. Our plants are well equipped and our workers capable of giving full efficiency in case of frequent changes in styles. We are never rigid as far as the minimum order quantities are concerned and try to adjust ourselves to the marketplace demands.
We are committed to pursue high quality manufacturing, practice and ethical & fair employment practice facilitated by clean, safe & healthy working environment encouraging our workforce to supply consistently high quality products on time to our valuable customers. We do not encourage or employ child labor in manufacturing facilities.
For the Yarn Reference:
Organic or non-violent Silk yarn (Eri, Tussar, Mulberry, Gheecha, Muga, Katia, Matka etc.) for knitting and weaving.
Proper yarn selection is critical in the design of filtration fabrics as both the warp and fill yarns contribute specific properties to the filter fabric. Both yarns must be compatible for optimum cover uniformity producing a quality defect free fabric which when finished will be stable and uniform in filter efficiency as well as flow rate.
Warp yarns provide the tensile strength in the vertical direction as well as establishing the cake release characteristics. Warp yarns are generally smaller in size and woven closer per inch than fill yarn. They will generally have more twist per inch. It is the combination of the higher twist per inch and higher thread count that create the cake release characteristic. This also establishes the higher tensile strength in this direction.
The fill yarns establish the filtration (retention) qualities. These yarns may be larger and have less twists per inch. Decreasing the twist will increase the yarn “cover” and improve filtration efficiency. When designing the fabric warp and fill yarns, it is important that the ratio of warp and fill yarn sizes, as well as twists, be considered as they must complement each other and not distract from each other’s performance contribution. For example: extremely large fill yarns could reduce the cake release qualities of significantly smaller warp yarns.
We respect creativity of designers and high fashion labels that they need some add-on or ornamentation on their selected organic fabric .This is also important for our motto of making high fashion sustainable. We provide our clients following surface ornamentations.
- Screen and block printing: TO keep old Indian traditional art of block printing alive, we offer our clients option of using wooden block printing technique with modern & contemporary designs including customized Art work or just textures.
- Digital printing: Creative people with multi-colour graphical art work, we offer them possibility of realizing their design ecofriendly by our GOTS certified and zero impact inkjet digital printing machine.
- Hand embroidery: We have a group of experienced hand embroiders, they are expert in all kind of hand embroidery, for example beading, zardosi, ari, applique, thread work, swarovski application, cut work, burn-out effect etc.
- Multithread computerized embroidery: We offer our clients different kind of patch work or thread embroidery with our Japanese computer embroidery machine.
- Laser Cutting: to walk step by step with mainstream fashion, we provide our clients possibility of crazy laser cutting on any organic textile.
Dedicated to produce high quality non-violent silk fabrics organically, project Cocccon is a modern form of rural cooperative industry. It has a decentralised production cycle, which allows silk farmers, spinners, weavers etc to work directly from their place. All these differnt units are well connected with a centralised headquarter. Storage of cocoons, yarns and ready textile are done at its headquarter. Here is step wise information about production cycle…
- Sericulture or silk farming, is the rearing of silkworms for the production of silk. It is done mostly in free nature and in some cases indoor. In this process, use of any kind of pesticides or genetic spray over leaves or tree are not done. To keep silkworms safe from harmful insects or birds huge mosquito net is covered over each and every tree where silkworms breed and live. In some cases biopesticide from Neem (Azadirachta indica) seeds are used.
- Once Cocoons are ready, they are spreaded indoor on a bamboo platform. In case of Tussar hanged vertically from the ceiling using jute strings. In a week time silk butterflies(moth) hatch out of cocoon itself or sometimes cocoons needs to be pierced by well trained group of women. After checking each and every empty cocoon they are forwarded to degumming department.
- The process of eliminating “Gum (sericin)” and impurities from raw silk is known as degumming of silk. This is done by adding natural bio soap in the hot boiling water. some times Hydrogen Peroxide is used to make different shades of silk yarn uniform. This is ecofriendly and approved by REACH & GOTS. During degumming common process of “Silk- weighting” to make silk yarns 3–4 times heavier by using toxic salts of metal including Chromium, Barium, Lead, Iron or Sodium magnesium is not practiced and completely banned in our production.
- Spinning and reeling of silk yarns are done manually by using manual charkha as well with motorised machines. Introduction of Solar powered spinnibg machine has made possibility to make finer counts for luxury fabrics.
- Weaving: Initially weaving was 100% handloom. In the year 2015 use of powerloom also started to meet demand of high quality silk fabric length.
- Finishing: is done by using natural bio oils from different herbs to make fabric soft and later calendering is performed to make it uniform.Use of silk waxing or optic brightening is not performed.